Citi Bank has been a revolutionary bank in the financial services world. There is no other bank that has generated and created a huge amount of financial instruments that Citi Bank has. The Citi Card is one such instrument. The Citi card has a lot of versatile cashback and reward offers. If you have one, you’ll know what I am talking about, if you don’t get one today. And see the Citi card activation process down below.
You’ll find a complete step-by-step guide for activating your Citi card. So, you don’t have to go anywhere. Just stick till the end and you’ll have the instructions.
How Can You Activate Your Citi Card?
For activating your Citi card, you have to generate a 4-digit PIN for the card. The PIN is that confidential code you have to enter during a transaction to authenticate and complete it. Without the PIN, the transaction is not authorised and neither is the card activated.
So, how do you generate your PIN?
There are 3 simple steps to generate your PIN and use the card. Once your PIN is generated, the card is automatically activated.
How To Generate Citi Card PIN?
As mentioned above, there are 3 ways of generating your Citi card PIN. You’ll find all the methods and comprehensive guide to all the methods.
Method 1 – PIN Generation By Calling The Customer Care
To generate your PIN by this method, follow these instructions carefully-
- Dial the Citibank customer care helpline @ 1860-266-2484.
- Now, enter your Citi card number.
- Type either your Telephone password (TPIN) or your date of birth in this format – [DD/MM/YYYY].
- To move forward, you will be required to validate the process. An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- You must enter the OTP correctly.
- Thereafter, you’ll be able to choose a PIN for your card.
- Once selected the PIN, follow the further instructions and your PIN will be generated.
Method 2 – PIN Generation at ATM
You can also generate PIN for your Citi card directly at ATM as well. These steps would help you do that-
- Go to the nearest Citibank ATM and insert your card in the machine.
- Choose the preferred language.
- Click on “Create PIN using OTP”.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered phone number after clicking on that.
- Type in the OTP.
- Now, type a 4-digit PIN of your choosing.
- Re-type the PIN, just to be sure and click “Submit”.
- You will receive a message from the bank stating that your PIN has been generated. You’re done!
Method 3 – PIN Generation Online
Apart from the 2 methods shown above, there’s a third way of generating the PIN. This is the online method whose instructions have been given below-
- Go to the Citibank net banking account and log in. Or visit the website.
- If you do not have any Net banking account, create one now by going to the Bank. This account is really helpful.
- Go to “Credit card option < Change PIN”
- You will receive an OTP from the bank on your registered number.
- Type in the OTP and click “continue”.
- A window will open where you will be able to choose a PIN for yourself. Enter the PIN you want.
- Re-type the PIN, to be sure and click ‘Submit’.
- The bank will send you a message informing you that PIN has been generated.
- If you went to the website, you’ll see this window –
Sign-in into your account and follow the procedure from step 3.
(Note- If you want to change your PIN, you can follow the 3rd method)
So, these were the 3 easy methods of generating your Citibank PIN. Remember that without this PIN, your card will not be activated. So, generate the PIN as soon as you receive your card. Follow the instructions carefully of the above-mentioned methods and Citibank Card activation will be done in no time. If you still have any doubts, queries or suggestions, use the comment section below.